CustomIcons is an ultimate tool for customizing the icons on your desktop, in Windows Start menu, for your folders and many other locations. Using CustomIcons you can easily replace default Windows icons with the ones to your choice and customize a wide variety of desktop attributes. Are you bored with your standard run-of-the-mill desktop, which looks exactly like thousands of other desktops all over the world? CustomIcons provides an easy and elegant solution for this problem! Using this small handy tool you can easily replace standard Windows icons with the ones you like and customize desktop attributes. You can change even those icons that cannot be changed using standard Windows tools.
With CustomIcons you can:
1) Replace the default icons Windows uses to display My Computer, Recycle Bin, Internet, Start menu items, drives, shortcut and share overlays, system folders and other objects.
2) Customize user folder icons.
2) Colorize icons and Start menu items.
3) Export any standard Windows icon into an individual ICO, BMP, GIF, PNG or JPEG file.
4) Remove shortcut overlays or replace them with your own images.
5) Change icons size and color resolution without changing your monitor settings (make those icons really big if you want!).
6) Rebuild and repair the icon cache (this feature lets you restore the desktop after a system crash).
7) Create stylish icons from your photos and images.
8) Customize folder and file type icons.
If you like to tweak your system, CustomIcons will definitely be a great addition to your utilities collection.
Keywords: desktop, theme, icon, ico, customize, custom, trash, folder
Recent Changes: Support for Windows Vista icons.
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: 8 MB RAM, Pentium-100 MHz, 8 MB Hard Disk