Cascaded Lookup Column is intended to enhance standard SharePoint lookup functionality. Component allows building relationship between parent and child columns, the data selected in one field will determine the options presented in another.
For multiple data entry, just select the "Allow multiple values" option, the front-end UI will allow multiple selections to be added/removed from a list. If you're using a series of parent-child Cascaded Lookups, each subsequent field will immediately update as you add or remove each selection from the prior one.
Cascaded Lookup column supports converting from standard "Lookup" column and vice versa (it allows editing content of Cascaded Lookup column in Datasheet view).
- Build parent-child relationships
- Ajax support enabled
- Unlimited number of cascading levels
- Supported single-single, single-multi, multi-single and multi-multi relations
- Supported lookup data from SharePoint lists in all sites within site collection
- Supported lookup data from subfolders
- Filtering retrieved data using existing list views
- Supported default values
- Ability to add and edit lookup items on the fly
- Supported Datasheet view
- Conversion among "ArtfulBits Cascaded Lookup", "ArtfulBits Cross-Site Lookup", "ArtfulBits Parent Selector" columns and standard SharePoint "Lookup" column
- Language pack support (desired localization could be added by request)
Why ArtfulBits Cascaded Lookup?
SharePoint Cascaded Lookup is powerful lookup tool that saves your time by reducing presented options and avoids the possibility of incompatible value selection.
Keywords: SharePoint Lookup Fields, SharePoint Cascaded Lookup, SharePoint Filtered Lookup Column, Cascading Drop Down List, SharePoint Cascading List, Cascaded Field for Sharepoint, parent-child relationship, Parent Child Columns, Custom Lookup Field
Recent Changes: New Features:
- Added default values support
- Added filtering support by Content Type column
- Improved behavior with multilevel parent-child relationships
- Fixed cross-site lookup data display in list view
- Added support of Managed Metadata column as Parent column
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows SharePoint Services v3, MOSS2007 or SP2010, MS Framework 2.0/3.0